Fans auf der ganze Welt trauern um den kleinen Igel Mr. Pokee. Hunderttausenden Usern zauberte er ein Lächeln ins Gesicht, jetzt ist er im Alter von drei Jahren verstorben. Wie Frauchen Talitha Girnus via Instagram mitteilt, starb der Social-Media-Star am Freitag in Wiesbaden an den Folgen einer Blutinfektion.

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

 

This is probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. Pokee was diagnosed with bacteria after his dental surgery. He had been active and doing okay and they weren’t able to find out what exact bacteria he had until 3 days ago. The vet gave him antibiotics to treat them, but all of a sudden Pokee was feeling much worse. I took him to an emergency clinic at 1 am, because he wasn’t able to properly move anymore along with other symptoms that scared me to pieces. They weren’t able to find out what was wrong with him. So yesterday morning I took him to his vet and it turns out he had a blood infection which was caused by another different kind of bacteria. This bacteria was able to multiply while the other kind died and released some toxins. The vet did everything he could, I did everything that was possible and Pokee fought the entire day and night 😔💔 . Our dear community, I want you all to know that you guys have given us so much strength yesterday with all your lovely messages. We have all united our strength and love to help Pokee fight until the very end. We gave him the power to do what was best for him and take this decision. Saying goodbye must have been so hard for him, because he was such a little warrior. But in the end, all that matters is that he is no longer in pain and able to rest in peace. He fell asleep and looked so peaceful and thankful this morning ❤️ . My dear Pokee, I love you with all of my heart, unconditionally and always. You’re forever in my heart, always remembered as the sweet little angel that you are. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the happy moments you’ve given me and for being here for me when I needed you the most. One part of me died with you, the other one will keep you in my heart for eternity ♾ . Let’s remember Pokee the way he would’ve wanted us to remember him: As the sweet little fellow he was. Let’s go out there today and celebrate him, let’s laugh, spend time with our loved ones and make him smile this time. Rest in peace, little angel 🦔🥰

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Mr.Pokee the Hedgehog (@mr.pokee) am

Mr. Pokee: Igel stirbt an Blutvergiftung

Er hat mehr Follower auf Instagram als so mancher Influener – Ganze 1,3 Millionen: Mr. Pokee, der afrikanische Weißbauchigel. Die Studentin Talitha Girnus gab dem Kleinen ein liebevolles Zuhause und setzte ihn im Netz perfekt in Szene. Der aktuelle Post zeigt den Igel eingehüllt in eine Strickdecke, in seinen Händen ein Mini-Teddybär. Dazu schreibt Igel-Mama Talitha: “Ich danke dir vom ganzen Herzen, für all die glücklichen Momente, die du mir geschenkt hast und dass du für mich da gewesen bist, als ich dich am nötigsten brauchte.” Ein Teil von ihr sei mit ihm gestorben, der andere Teil werde ihn für immer in Erinnerung behalten. Bei Mr. Pokee wurden nach einer Zahn-OP eine Infektion festgestellt, die mit Antibiotika behandelt wurde. Doch dem kleinen Igel ging es immer schlechter und erst beim Tierarzt-Besuch am nächsten Morgen stellt sich heraus, dass Mr. Pokee eine Blutvergiftung hatte. Die Antibiotika hatten die erste Bakterieninfektion zwar bekämpft, doch das rief andere Erreger hervor. “Der Tierarzt hat alles getan, was er konnte, ich habe alles getan, was möglich war und Pokee hat den ganzen Tag und die ganze Nacht gekämpft”, erklärt Talitha in ihrem Post. In den Kommentaren sprechen die Follower ihr Beileid aus. “Gute Nacht, Pokee! Du wirst auf ewig in unseren Herzen sein”, schreibt ein User und ein anderer meint: “Danke dafür, dass du immer ein positives Licht in der Welt warst. Du wirst uns fehlen Mr. Pokee.”